To bold your message, place an asterisk on both sides of the text, like so: *text*
To italicize your message, place an underscore on both sides of the text, like so: _text_
To strikethrough your message, place a tilde on both sides of the text, like so: ~text~
Go to Chat > Tap ‘Attached’ next to the text field.
Choose the type of media you’d like to send by selecting one of the following:
• Tap the camera icon to take a new photo or video with your camera. Note: videos that are recorded using Louis Fourteen are limited to 16MB.
• Choose ‘Photo & Video Library’ to select a photo or video from your camera roll or another album on your device. You can also tap ‘Add’ at the bottom left to select multiple photos or videos at once.
• Choose ‘Document’ to select a document from iCloud Drive or other doc apps such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, etc. Sending a document is only available for users on iOS 8 and later. The maximum allowed file size is 100 MB.
• Tap ‘Send’ to share with your lifestyle specialist.
Note: In order to send media, documents, or location you will need to grant the Louis Fourteen permission to access your phone’s Location Services, Contacts, Photos and Camera. This can be done by going into your device Settings, selecting Louis Fourteen in the list of applications and adjusting privacy settings.
Go to Chat > Tap and hold the microphone and start speaking. Once finished, remove your finger from the microphone icon. It’s important to note that the voice message will send automatically once your finger is lifted from the microphone icon. If you’d like to cancel a voice message you can slide the audio recording to the left before lifting your finger from the microphone icon.
To turn this on:
Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Louis Fourteen > Select Always. You can control whether and for how long you share you live location at any time. You can also stop sharing your live location at any time.
Please note, live location is an end-to-end encrypted feature, which mean no one can see your live location except your Louis Fourteen lifestyle specialist.
Go to Chat > Tap ‘Attach’ > Location > Share Live Location From there you can select the length of time you’d like to share your live location and tap ‘Send’. Your live location will automatically stop being shared after the predetermined amount of time has expired. To stop sharing your live location:
Go to Chat > tap ‘Stop Sharing’ > Stop Sharing.
Hello, can you please help me change the email connected to my Louis Fourteen account.
Go to Password > Enter your current password, the new password you would like to use moving forward and tap ‘Update Password’.
If you have issues resetting your password on the app, you can contact Louis Fourteen by email: email@example.com. In your email to Louis Fourteen provide your full name, the email address connected to your Louis Fourteen account and username used in the app. Upon verification of this information, a temporary password will be sent to you.
To turn on notifications within the app:
Go to Settings > Scroll to down to ‘Notifications’ and ensure that ‘Show Notifications’ is enabled for messages.
To adjust the vibrations and/or sound alerts for messages you receive or send within the app:
Go to Settings > Notifications > In-App Notifications
To turn on notifications in your phone settings:
Go to Settings > Notifications > select Louis Fourteen.
Set your preferences for alert style, badges, and sounds. If you want notifications to appear when your phone’s display is off, enable ‘Show on Lock Screen’.
To adjust the alert sound volume or vibrate preference: Go to Settings > Sounds. There you can adjust the volume settings and select your vibrate preferences.
If you attempt to frequently switch your Louis Fourteen account between different devices, you may be blocked from re-verifying your account. This is safeguard in place to protect your privacy and information. Please do not repeatedly switch between different devices and numbers.
Please note, you are not able to migrate past messages to different device types (i.e. Android to iPhone).
If you are switching from one type of phone to another, and changing your number, simply download Louis Fourteen on the phone and verify the new phone number.
We strongly recommend deleting your account off of your old device. However, if you do not delete your account and no longer have access to your old phone, you don’t need to worry. If the new owner of your old number activates Louis Fourteen on a new phone after 45 days, all of your account information tied to that phone number will be completely deleted.
If you did not migrate your Louis Fourteen account to your new phone number before changing your phone number, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance to connect your account to your new phone number.
Email us with the phrase: “Lost/Stolen: Please deactivate my account” in the body of the email, as well as your phone number including the country code (e.g. For U.S.: + 1 408-555-1234) to ensure your account is temporarily disabled.
We also recommend calling your mobile provider as soon as possible to lock your SIM card. Once locked the account will not be verify on that device, since devices must be able to receive SMS or phone calls to verify an account.
Once your SIM card is locked, you may use a new SIM card with the same number to activate Louis Fourteen on your new phone. This is the fastest way to deactivate your account on the stolen phone since Louis Fourteen can only be activated with one phone number on one device at a time.
Please note that even if the SIM card in your stolen or lost phone is locked and phone service disabled, Louis Fourteen can be accessed using Wi-Fi. This is why it is recommended that you contact us immediately with an account deactivation request.
Remote Louis Fourteen deactivation from another device is not possible.
For added protection, every message you send has a unique lock and key.
All of this happens automatically, which means there is no need to adjust additional settings. End-to-end encryption is always activated and there is no way for third-parties to turn off end-to-end encryption.
1) Go to the About section and you will find the Louis Fourteen phone number that is accessible 24 hours a day.
2) Within the Chat section you can tap the telephone icon in the upper right hand corner, which will connect you to your Louis Fourteen lifestyle specialist 24 hours a day.
Note: If you received a message, but your version of Louis Fourteen doesn’t support it, please update the app.
When you initially install Louis Fourteen, your mobile device will prompt you to grant permissions for notifications to be delivered to your device. If you aren’t sure what you pressed or you accidentally pressed ‘Don’t Allow’, you can turn notifications on within your phone settings. To turn on notifications:
• Navigate to Settings > Notifications
• Scroll to find Louis Fourteen
• Ensure notifications are enable (toggle will be green) Android Instructions:
• Swipe down from the top of your screen to reveal the Notifications box
• Tap ‘Settings ‘ icon in the top right corner (looks like a gear)
• Scroll down to locate and tap the ‘ Notifications’ button
• Toggle the slider to enable/disable notifications
Go to Settings > Notifications > Louis Fourteen and change preferences.
Go to Settings > Notifications > Louis Fourteen and change preferences.
• You have the latest version of Louis Fourteen installed.
• You have entered your full international phone number, including the country code (or select your country from the country list). An example of a US phone number is: +1 408-555-1234.
• Omit any leading zeros (0s) or exit codes from your number.
• Ensure your phone has full Internet access with a strong signal.
• Your phone is not roaming.
• Your phone can receive international SMS messages.
• You are not using an unsupported device such as an iPod Touch or iPad.
• Your device is not jailbroken.
Most connection issues can be resolved by doing the following:
• Restart your phone, or turn it off and on.
• Update Louis Fourteen to the latest version available on the Apple App Store.
• Open iPhone Settings > toggle to turn Airplane Mode on and off.
• Open iPhone Settings > tap Cellular > toggle to turn Cellular Data on.
• Open iPhone Settings > tap Wi-Fi > toggle to turn Wi-Fi off and on.
• Try connecting to different Wi-Fi hotspots.
• Make sure Wi-Fi stays on during sleep mode.
• Reboot your Wi-Fi router.
• Contact your mobile provider and make sure your APN settings are configured correctly.
• Open iPhone Settings > tap General > Reset> Reset Network Settings > Reset Network Settings. (This will delete all your saved Wi-Fi passwords).
• Upgrade or restore your iPhone’s operating system to the latest version for your phone.
• If you’re using an unlocked iPhone or a pre-paid SIM card, you might need to adjust your phone’s APN settings for your SIM card. Contact your wireless carrier for details and instructions.
• If you’re having trouble connecting to Louis Fourteen while on a Wi-Fi network that you don’t normally connect to, contact the network administrator.
• If you’re on a campus or corporate Wi-Fi that has firewall restrictions in place, contact the network administrator.
Once a photo is downloaded on to your device, it cannot be re-downloaded, so you would have to ask your lifestyle specialist to send it to you again.
Questions or comments regarding these FAQ should be sent via email to email@example.com.